Date: February 17, 2020 — FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Dr. Andrew R. Armstrong, Assistant Superintendent of Business Operations email@example.com | (804) 332 0965 | @glndschools www.goochlandschools.org
Goochland County Public Schools First Annual “All Star Week”
In recognition of the work performed by all division staff, including all instructional and classified staff, Goochland County Public Schools has designated the week of February 18 as All Star Week.
All Star Week was developed to provide a boost of recognition for school staff at the middle of the school year, when August convocation is far in the past, and the next significant break and teacher appreciation week are months away. The Goochland County Public Schools team continues to perform great work on behalf of our students and our community at every level- from classrooms, to buses, schools, and offices throughout our division.
Division staff has worked to receive multiple generous donations from partners in the community that will supplement other division activities this week to recognize our staff. Highlights include:
- Special themed dress days for staff.
- Opportunities for staff to purchase Goochland gear at our team store at discounted rates.
- Daily drawings by Dr Raley on InformaCast broadcast division-wide and on Facebook live for several prizes.
- Grand prize Friday drawing for a set of new tires, to include install and balancing.
- Special treats for everyone on Tuesday and Friday.
Please see the flyer for more details. We hope to show our appreciation for our staff this week at a time of year when it is most needed and rarely given.